09-Nov-2015 06:04
  • Name: Alexander Gabrielle
  • Last online: Today
  • Status:"I just came from the gym, someone wants to chat with me ?"
You'll need to login now to contact me
Join Up Free >>

Dating an older man long distance

Posted on March 25, 2009 by yankeebean Lots of people find She’s Not From Yorkshire because they’ve fallen for an English man – and so have we!A comment left recently by Dreamer got me thinking about the logistics of meeting, falling in love with, dating, and possibly marrying and English man.

But, I always feel nervous about giving any kind of advice, because every relationship is different – and long distance relationships are SO hard and fierce and all-or-nothing… All I can talk about is my own experience, so here goes!I spent 95% of my time waiting for the other 5% of my time to arrive. Everyday, I woke up and asked myself if I still loved Mr Nice Guy, if I still wanted him to be MY Mr Nice Guy and the answer was always ‘yes’.And when it did, I would spend 2 weeks with Mr Nice Guy love-drunk, hazy, randy and happy only to fly home crying and already planning the next trip. So I kept emailing and calling (and sometimes flying) everyday for 4 years until we came out the other side.If, for any reason, the answer had been ‘no’, I would have had to seriously think about what my next step was.I met Mr Nice Guy when I was 16 and living in England.I knew OF him, but didn’t really know him for 2 years.

But, one fateful prom night, we kissed and that led to us hanging out and getting to know each other more.

After 2 months, we knew were in love and after 4 months I got on a plane and flew back to America to go to University. Emails at least three times a day and a phone call every day or every other day.

Plus a flight every 3 or 4 months – we both worked our butts off outside of Uni to fund all this, cos what else can you do?

Skype was just a twinkle in the eye of the world wide web, so there was no web-cam chats or anything so glam, but we used what we had.

We got through the initial ‘trust issues’ although the deeply-rooted ‘he’s-going-to-meet-someone-else’ worries never really vanished.

Long distance came with built in worries, insecurities, loneliness, and jealousy but it was counter-weighted with joy, love, laughter and adventure.

Profile for dating an older man long distance:

dating an older man long distance-59dating an older man long distance-37dating an older man long distance-70

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

One thought on “dating an older man long distance”